As usual, before the week wraps up and right before the weekend takes us away, we've gone through 'the length and breadth' of the internet and sourced local and global opportunities that can be the next IT thing for you. Dive In!
The AWS Global Fintech Accelerator is a 6-week equity-free online program that leverages the best of AWS's infrastructure and partner network to empower seed-stage AI-driven Fintech startups operating across EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), NAMER (North America), LATAM (Latin America)
- Up to $100k in AWS Activate Credits
- Partner Offers & Special Discounts
- Cloud Support
- Fundraising Support
- Marketing & PR
- Pitching Session
- Ecosystem Engagement
- Funding Preparation
- Alumni Community
- Business Boost
- Up to 90% Off on HubSpot
- €15,000 Credits in Stripe
- $3,000 Credits in Notion
- $50,000 Credits in Mixpanel
- 6 months of free Notion
- 6 Months Free of Zendesk Suite & Sales CRM
Seed-stage AI-driven Fintech startups operating across NAMER, EMEA, and LATAM.
- Developing their projects in the following categories:
- Embedded & Open Finance
- AI/ML & Big Data
- Financial Inclusion & Sustainability
Applications close on September 3, 2023.
The Baobab Network Accelerator is a program that invests in early-stage tech startups across Africa.
- $50,000 USD in funding
- An intensive, unique program to ensure that graduate start-ups from every cohort go on to be successful
- Access to a powerful global network of experts, mentors, corporate partners, and investors to help grow business
- Early-stage tech start-ups across Africa
- A solution that creates or relies on technology to solve a problem, and has an MVP and a bit of traction
- Tech-enabled solutions such as the Internet of Things (IoT), and Artificial Intelligence (AI) as well as using other existing technology tools to create efficiencies
- Tech-creating or tech-enabled businesses with the potential to scale
- Must be based in Africa and are led and run by an African team
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
The AlphaExpo 2023 program is a micro-accelerator program that supports early-stage fintech startups in Africa. The program provides startups with the opportunity to exhibit at the Africa Fintech Summit (AFTS), participate in a bootcamp, and pitch to investors.
- FREE admission to AFTS
- FREE exhibition booth
- Invite to all VIP events
- Opportunity to participate in the AlphaExpo Pitch Competition
- Specialized workshops catered to the needs of participating startups
- VIP attendance at the 10th Africa Fintech Summit
- Introductions to world-class investors during the summit
- Startups must be early-stage (seed or Series A)
- Startups must be focused on the African financial technology market
- Startups must be able to attend the Africa Fintech Summit in Lusaka, Zambia on November 2-3, 2023
Applications close on August 30, 2023
Smarter Climate Farmers Challenge 2023
The Smarter Climate Farmers Challenge 2023 calls for innovative solutions that promote climate-smart agriculture approaches, benefitting farmers and individuals within the food and land systems. As climate change increasingly impacts food production and consumption, this challenge aims to foster more secure and sustainable food systems while incentivizing resilient solutions.
- 10-15 selected submissions become Top Innovators and join the UpLink Innovation Network.
- Access to World Economic Forum and partner-led events.
- Global visibility through digital media channels.
- Strategic introductions to relevant organizations.
- Targeted support on technical, business, and operational matters.
- Eligibility for a portion of a monetary award from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Open to for-profit start-ups, social enterprises, and small and mid-sized enterprises with a sustainable funding model.
- Hybrid organizations and not-for-profit organizations with income-generating projects may apply.
- Solutions should be beyond the ideation and prototype phase, demonstrating potential for scalability and long-term impact.
- Female-founded solutions are encouraged.
- Submissions should deliver economic and environmental impact, fostering biodiversity, soil health, and carbon capture.
- Consideration of partnerships, replicability, and investability during the evaluation process.
Submissions close 10th August 2023. Apply now.
What Next is our weekly opportunities issue, sharing local and global opportunities in the finance, digital, gender and development sectors.
Join the waitlist for our newsletter.