As usual, before the week wraps up and right before the weekend takes us away, we've gone through 'the length and breadth' of the internet and sourced local and global opportunities that can be the next IT thing for you. Dive In!
She Loves Tech Global Startup Competition
The She Loves Tech Global Startup Competition is a global competition for women tech entrepreneurs and women impact startups.
- The competition provides startups with a unique opportunity to showcase their businesses to a global audience of investors and influencers.
- Startups also have the opportunity to win up to US$50,000 investment and cash prizes.
- In addition, startups receive access to a wide range of benefits, including; mentorship sessions, pitch preparation curriculum, bootcamp, global conference
- Startups must be technology-based and have at least a minimum viable product (past conceptual stage) with less than US$5M external funding raised.
- Startups must also fulfil one of the following gender lens criteria; female founder, majority female users, majority female consumers, technology impacting women positively
Applications close on August 21, 2023.
Startup Wise Guys Web3 acceleration program
The Startup Wise Guys Web3 acceleration program is a 5-month program designed to help early-stage Web3 startups build and grow their businesses.
- Up to €150K convertible investment (€120K cash + €30K program) with a €300K follow-on possibility.
- Learn from the best: You’ll have the chance to learn top sales and product development tricks from leading experts in the Web3 industry.
- Meet the people: Access a community of +350 mentors, +200 investors and collaborate with 600+ fellow visionary founders growing in the same Web3 industry as you…
- Workshops and masterclasses delivered by industry experts on specialized topics like product development, fundraising, tech solutions, pitching, and marketing strategies.
- Networking sessions with their mentors and investors.
- Chance to learn from the founders. Successful entrepreneurs will share exactly how they built their companies.
- Intensive pitch practice, in preparation for Demo Day and fundraising.
- Mentors tailor the content to your business's individual needs, so you can develop specifically with your vertical in mind.
- You will still benefit from the support and program aftercare of the Startup Wise Guys community channels, and expert mentors, and continue to achieve fundraising support for your future investment rounds.
- You are an early-stage B2B Web3 startup working in
- Building on blockchain technology
- Developing Web3 decentralized applications (dApps)
- Working in areas like DeFi, NFTs, or digital identity
- Focused on integrating emerging technologies like AI and machine learning into Web3 solutions
- Building on emerging infrastructure like IPFS, Ethereum, or Polkadot
- You have a working MVP
- Your startup has at least 2 co-founders or team members
- You are building initial customer traction, MRR or revenues.
Applications close on September 13, 2023.
Hello Tomorrow Global Challenge
The Hello Tomorrow Global Challenge is a renowned international startup competition organized by Hello Tomorrow since 2014. It is uniquely designed to address the needs of early-stage deep-tech startups across all industries.
- 1-to-1 coaching & personal introductions with potential investors, partners and clients
- Connect with industry experts, investors & fellow entrepreneurs at the Global Summit
- Join the Deep Tech Pioneers community for all-year access to a global network
- Receive the Deep Tech Pioneer recognition & get a chance to be featured in the reports and invited to speak at future events
- Pitch or showcase opportunities in front of renowned industry leaders & investors
- Get spotted by international media, with interview opportunities
- €100K Grand Prize, €30K 2nd prize and €20K 3rd prize – all equity-free, no strings attached
- Advertise your open fundraising to the active international investor network
- Join the Investor Day for 1-on-1 meetings with 150+ renowned VCs and CVCs
- Startups that are:
- In the early stage of development or the beginning of their commercialization phase (up to series A)
- Based on new technology, a scientific discovery or a complex engineering process
- Addressing an industrial, societal or environmental unmet need or creating a new market
- Composed of a team of at least 2 people
- Not a subsidiary or spin-off of an existing company
Applications close on September 22, 2023
Startup Wise Guys Africa SaaS Accelerator Program
This Africa SaaS Accelerator Program is a program that provides early-stage B2B SaaS startups in East and West Africa with funding, mentorship, and support to help them grow their businesses.
- Up to €65K investment for up to 12% equity (45K cash + 20K program) with a follow-on possibility.
- Weekly 1:1 support in areas like sales, marketing, and pitching.
- Access to a network of +600 founders, +350 mentors, and +200 investors.
- Early-stage B2B SaaS startups from Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, and Ghana.
- At least a working MVP.
- At least 2 co-founders/team members.
- Initial customer traction, MRR or revenues.
- Scaling potential across the African continent.
Applications close on September 7, 2023
What Next is our weekly opportunities issue, sharing local and global opportunities in the finance, digital, gender and development sectors.
Join the waitlist for our newsletter.